Who is the Turkish Actress Beren Saat?
Beren Saat is a Turkish actress. She was born on February 26, 1984, in Ankara, Turkey. Her parents are sports academy graduates. Her father, Hüseyin Avni Saat, played football for many years. On the other hand, her mother, Ayla Saat, is a retired teacher. She has an older brother named Cem, who is 5 years older than her.
She completed her primary, secondary and high school, and university education in Ankara. She studied Business Administration at Baskent University.
Beren Saat speaks Turkish, English, and Spanish. In one of her interviews, she stated that she preferred to spend her time outside of work by dancing, playing tennis, and going to the movies.
Beren Saat’s Career
After graduating from the university, she participated in the “Stars of Turkey” competition program, which was a talent competition with the suggestion of her boyfriend at that time. She came second in the competition. After attracting attention with her acting and beauty in the competition, she started to act in various commercials. She first appeared in a candy commercial called “Tofita”.
He started acting in television series in 2004. However, his fame started with his role in the TV series “Remember Dear” (Turkish: Hatirla Sevgili), which was published in 2006. She made her debut on the cinema screen in 2008 by taking part in the movie called “Pain of Fall” (Turkish: Guz Sancisi).
However, the series that paved the way for real fame and made it known all over the world is her role in the unforgettable “Aşk-ı Memnu” (Turkish: The Forbidden Love) series. She played the leading role with the famous Turkish actor Kivanc Tatlitug.
Also, Fatmagül’ün Suçu Ne? (English: “What’s Fatmagül’s Crime?”, Spanish: “¿Qué culpa tiene Fatmagül?”) published in 2010. The series was watched by large audiences, especially in Latin American countries. It contributed to its worldwide recognition.
In her career, she also took part in projects such as Magnificent Century: Kösem (Turkish: Muhteşem Yüzyıl: Kösem), which attracted attention in the world, and Atiye, a Netflix production.
She married the famous Turkish pop music artist Kenan Doğulu on 29 July 2014 in Los Angeles, USA. Although it is known that the couple had problems between them for some periods, their marriage continues.
Starring TV Series:
- Exile to Love (Turkish: Aşka Sürgün) / Zilan Şahvar Azizoğlu / 2005-2006
- Remember Dear (Turkish: Hatirla Sevgili) / Yasemin Ünsal / 2006-2008
- European Side (Turkish: Avrupa Yakasi) / Herself & Yasemin Ünsan / 2007
- Forbidden Love (Turkish: Aşk-ı Memnu) / Bihter Yöreoğlu Ziyagil / 2008-2010
- What’s Fatmagül’s Crime? (Turkish: Fatmagül’ün Suçu Ne?) /Fatmagül Ketenci Ilgaz / 2010-2012
- Revenge (Turkish: İntikam) / Yağmur Özden & Derin Çelik / 2013-2014
- Magnificent Century: Kösem / Muhtesem Yüzyıl: Kösem / Kösem Sultan / 2015-2016
- Atiye / Atiye Özgürsoy / 2020-2021 (Netflix)
- Night on Earth / Herself – Narrator / 2020 (Netflix)
- Pain of Fall (Turkish: Güz Sancısı) / Elena / 2009
- Wings of the Night (Turkish: Gecenin Kanatları) / Gece / 2009
- Rhino Season (Turkish: Gergedan Mevsimi) / Buse / 2012
- My World (Turkish: Benim Dünyam) / Ela Bayındır / 2013
She also took part in many animation voiceovers and commercials. She received the best actress award at the Golden Butterfly Awards, one of Turkey’s most prestigious awards, with the TV series Aşk-ı Memnu (Forbidden Love), which was broadcast in 2009 and 2010. She has won many awards across the country in the field of acting.
At the same time, she won the best foreign actress award in many South American countries for her roles in the TV series “Aşk-ı Memnu” (Forbidden Love) and “What’s Fatmagul’s Crime”.
Beren Saat’s Instagram Account
More than 5 million people follow Beren Saat’s Instagram account! Most of her followers are outside of Turkey. She has many followers, especially from Latin America and the Middle East.
Name of her Instagram account: berenn_saat